"Yet even now says the Lord, return to me with all your heart ..." - Joel 2:12
"What man among you having a hundred sheep and losing one of them would not leave the ninety-nine in the desert and go after the lost one until he finds it? And when he does find it, he sets it on his shoulders and with great joy and, upon his arrival home, he calls together his friends and neighbors and says to them, Rejoice with me because I have found my lost sheep." - Luke 15: 1 - 6.Have you been "away" from the Catholic church? Are you trying to find your way back? If you have arrived at our site, you are probably searching for answers, direction, and information about "Coming Home" to the Catholic Church. We invite Catholics who feel separated from the Church, for any reason, to Come Home! We care and we miss you. Come visit us and tell your story to our caring priest, deacon, or lay ministers. It will be an opportunity to express your feelings of why you no longer join us. Remember, God wants to welcome you back, especially if you’re looking for answers to questions in your life. God has provided that for thousands of people through our parishes. This might be the year to give us another chance and consider Coming Home.
10 reasons to come back to the Church
- Life might hang together a little better for you.
- You'll get . . . - a sense of closeness to God, - a shot in the arm to carry on, - a challenge to your sluggishness . . . out of it.
- You need to give your: - TIME - TALENT - TREASURE - SELVES . . . to the Lord. After all, He gave them to us in the first place.
- The Church has changed in the past 20 years.
- God loves you and wants you to know it. The Christian community celebrating together is a sign of that LOVE.
- We need the support of others: - spouse - parents - children - family - friends in a common experience of worship with them.
- We're proud of the ideals the Church proposes: - upholding human equality - the sacredness of life - world peace based on justice for all.
- The Holy Spirit is causing new, exciting movements to happen in the Church.
- Jesus came to save sinners -- that's us, all of us. Penance and the Eucharist strengthen us to greater faithfulness.
- Your family and friends are praying for you to return. WE MISS YOU! Sure, we've got hundreds of people at Mass each Sunday, but we miss you not being one of them. HAVE YOU MISSED US TOO?